As you consider your current energy supply contract, and as you field calls from both brokers and suppliers encouraging you to switch to consider a new supply contract, the first question you may have is: why switch? Pricing is typically the first reason that comes to mind, and while pricing is certainly a key factor, there are a number of other reasons as to why you might consider a new supplier.
Common Reasons Include:
- You’re looking for minimized budgetary risk or budget certainty
- You’ve been experiencing unfavorable contract terms with your current supplier
- You’re interested in reducing your carbon footprint by partnering with a supplier with a larger renewable footprint
- Your current supplier isn’t meeting your expectations or has exited the market
- You’re looking for better customer service
- You’ve incurred unexpected price adjustments during the term
- You’re interested in on-bill financing or efficiency/sustainability projects
- You would prefer to switch to a more financially stable energy supplier
- You are hoping to use the same supplier for both gas and electric
When considering your supply contract, we generally recommend starting 12-18 months prior to your contract end date. There are a variety of reasons you may be ready for a new supplier, or if you’re happy with your current supplier, there are also a variety of options and/or questions that you may want to keep top of mind for your next energy supply contract.
Interested in taking a closer look at your current supply contract? Our team can provide a complimentary assessment and provide your organization with options. Our stringently-vetted pool of suppliers means we partner with only the best, and our full-service customer service team means you’re sure to be in good hands, well after you’ve locked into a new supply contract.
Get the conversation started by chatting with our team here online, by phone at 800.520.6685 or via email at email@example.com.