Whether you’re familiar with energy procurement and are looking for a new energy contract, or are new to the concept entirely, the bottom line is that cost-reducing solutions are available to your organization, as are a variety of options to help your organization meet its specific energy and budgetary goals.
Energy procurement is the process of sourcing pricing across a variety of electricity and natural gas suppliers to identify the retail energy contract that is best suited for your organization’s needs. The good news is that in deregulated states, there are options when it comes to sourcing electricity and natural gas; options that when compared green apples to green apples can yield a more tailored, cost-effective solution for your business. Benefits are varied, and include a decrease in electricity costs, increases in operational sustainability and resiliency, and minimized budgetary risks. Sound overwhelming? That’s where an energy consultant can step in as a true extension of your team. We’ll do the heavy lifting for your organization, finding tailored energy solutions suited for your organization’s energy goals, so you can focus your ‘energies’ elsewhere.
In a nutshell: expect a simple and seamless process that aims to save you time and money. Of course, we would be remiss if we didn’t unpack that statement further, so let’s take a closer look at what to expect from a complimentary assessment from an energy consultant.
Breakdown of the Steps
When done right, a procurement process is effective and simple. The process requires no upfront costs or obligation on your end, all you need to do is provide a copy of your energy bill. Behind the scenes, your energy consultant will:
- Evaluate your energy needs, including your current supplier contract, building energy usage, historical tariffs, market data, risk tolerance, and current efficiency projects.
- Retrieve account information and usage data from your current utility.
- Send customized RFPs to a wide variety of trusted, vetted suppliers.
- Present you with a green-apples-to-green-apples comparison of supplier prices and contracts, advising you of the most beneficial contract for your specific goals and needs.
- Manage the transition of your services, by verifying enrollment with the utility and supplier once executed.
- Continue to monitor your accounts to identify further cost-reducing solutions.
Ultimately, this helps you not only save money, but time as well.
A great place to start is by contacting our team. You’ll provide your dedicated energy consultant with a copy of your bill; it’s as simple as that. Worse case scenario you’ll have a trusted, unbiased expert tell you that you’re already on the right track, but the more common outcome will be that you’ll find yourselves deciding which route to savings and improved efficiency you’ll take
To learn more, reach out to us here on our website, give us a call at 800-520-6685, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.