Information we collect
We may collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Personally-Identifiable Information (“PII”). PII may include your full name, job title, company, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Authentication information. To gain access to secure online services, we may require a username, password and other information required to gain or recover access to the services.
- Website information. When you visit one of our websites, we and our trusted third-party providers may automatically collect browsing information, such as your IP address, the type of browser you are using, the 3rd party website or search engine that led you to our site, the pages that you visited and duration of your visits.
- Social media information. When you link to our sites through social media networks, we may receive information from your social media network in accordance with your social network policies and your personal settings in the social network.
- Company information. We collect information about your company, such as business and legal names, corporate organization, lines of business, size, facilities, energy use, and key personnel.
- Energy use information. For the provision of our services, we may obtain your energy account information, usage, invoices and other similar information required to market or provide our energy consulting and related services. We maintain records of quotes obtained for you, and information about contracts with us and facilitated by us between you or your company and our business partners.
- Other information you choose to share with us. We may obtain information that you share with us by means such as emails, live chat, instant messaging, social media comments, surveys, and other similar methods. We may make annotations of information gathered in phone calls, face-to-face or online meetings. We may monitor and record conversations in accordance with applicable law.
How we collect information
We obtain personal information in the following ways:
- We obtain information directly provided by you.
- We obtain information from organizations that have contracted with us to market our energy solutions to their members.
- We obtain information about your energy use and invoice information from competitive energy suppliers and utilities.
- We obtain company information through information services and professional networking platforms, such as LinkedIn, Hoovers, and InsideView.
- We obtain information from social media, search engines and other online publications in accordance with your social network settings.
- We may monitor and record communications we have with you to ensure quality of service.
Cookies and tracking technologies
Web beacons are small invisible images embedded in web pages or emails. We may use web beacons to track whether you have visited a webpage or opened an email. Web beacons may also be used to deliver targeted advertising.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information collected only for legitimate business needs, such as:
- To provide our energy consulting services to you. We need information about you, your company, your facilities and your energy use in order to seek energy quotes, facilitate energy supply agreements, provide you feedback and advice regarding your energy use, assist you with customer services issues, and provide you quality energy consulting services.
- To communicate with you about your energy contracts, price quotes, contract expiration reminders, customer service inquiries and other important communications.
- To target our marketing efforts to individuals and companies that are more likely to need or benefit from our services.
- To share energy market information, useful articles, and offers available to you. You may unsubscribe, opt-in and opt-out from receiving general information and publications.
- To manage, analyze and improve our services and operations.
- To conform with legal or regulatory requirements, and to comply with legal processes.
- To protect our legal rights and to investigate or prevent suspected fraud, threats, or illegal activities.
We may share your information with third-parties and processors for the performance of services for you. We will not sell or make available your personal information to unaffiliated companies for purposes unrelated to our business and the services we provide to you, unless required by law, we believe it is necessary to provide you a service or respond to a legitimate inquiry, or to protect anyone’s rights or safety.
How we protect your information
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data. The protection of your information is of utmost importance to us. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system is completely secure, thus we cannot guarantee absolute security.
While some information on our website may be useful to minors for school projects and other interests, we do not knowingly collect information about minors.
This policy was last updated on August 17, 2018.